Skip to main content

Blair, NE, Homeowner and Property Insurance

Request a Quote

Home » Blair, NE, Homeowner and Property Insurance

If you need property or homeowners insurance in Blair, NE you are in great hands with Eric Luebbe!

The Most Economical Way to Secure Your Possessions.

If you need property or homeowners insurance in Blair, NE you are in great hands with Eric Luebbe! A house is usually one of the most significant investments people ever make. Equity is often the foundation for your long-term financial security. Homeowners insurance provides assistance should an unforeseen accident or act of nature put your home at risk. You can’t foresee the future, but with our homeowner’s insurance, you can protect your Blair home and possessions.

Items Not Covered On Your Standard Homeowners Policy

Earthquakes, sinkholes, sump pumps, sewer, septic backups, or broken water pipes in the home are not covered in a standard homeowners policy, as well as home maintenance and wear and tear. Therefore, additional coverage will be needed to defray your costs should an event occur. Eric Luebbe offers residents of Blair personal property insurance, protecting one in cases of water damage, theft, fire, ect.

Interactive Graphic
  1. Step 1Click hotspots.
  2. Step 2Discover risks.
  3. Step 3Get coverage.
Risk Factor

Most fires are devastating. Besides the emotional impact, the physical damage to your home can be significant. If you lost your home to fire, do you have adequate insurance to replace your home and its contents? Remember, inflation rates on building materials and construction costs rarely track with real estate values. As a result, rebuilding a home can often cost significantly more than expected.


Make sure your homeowners policy contains replacement cost coverage with no cap. This protects you if the cost to reconstruct your home is higher than your current limit of coverage. And, be sure that your insurance includes rebuilding your home to code. Very often, local ordinances and building codes change over time, which may require additional costs.

Personal Property / Contents - Property Damage
Risk Factor

When your home suffers damage due to an unexpected event, your personal property is also at risk. Furniture, appliances, clothing, electronics, and other personal items can also be damaged or destroyed.


Your homeowners insurance policy typically covers personal property, including the contents of your home and other personal items owned by you or family members who live with you. Make sure your homeowners policy includes replacement cost coverage for personal property so that you always receive the full cost to replace whatever item is damaged.

Additional Living Expense / Loss of Use
Risk Factor

When there is substantial damage to your home due to unexpected events such as lightning, fire, or a storm, you may not be able to live in your home until it can be repaired or rebuilt–potentially incurring additional living expenses for lodging, food, and other daily needs.


Ensure that your homeowners insurance policy provides additional living expense or loss of use coverage to compensate you for the additional costs you incur for reasonable housing and living expenses if a covered event makes your house temporarily uninhabitable while it's being repaired or rebuilt.

Valuable Possessions
Risk Factor

Typically, there is a sublimit on homeowner insurance policies for valuable possessions, such as jewelry, furs, fine arts, and other collectibles.


Obtain a personal floater or schedule your valuable possessions to ensure you’ll have the money to replace them.

Medical Expenses
Risk Factor

If a guest is injured while on your property, even when it’s due to a friendly game of baseball, you may be required to pay any medical expenses associated with their injury.


Your homeowners policy should include medical expenses coverage to take care of injuries and treatment - generally not of a serious nature. In the event a person is injured on your property and requires medical attention, you would be able to submit the injury-related medical expenses to your insurance carrier. Medical expenses are usually paid without a liability claim being filed against you.

Personal Liability
Risk Factor

In the unfortunate event that someone slips and falls while on your property, you and your family may be held liable for any injuries that result.


Your homeowners policy includes personal liability coverage to respond to incidents where injuries or damages occur to a third party where you may be deemed negligent. However, you should consider purchasing a personal umbrella or excess liability policy to provide additional coverage limits to protect your assets in case a lawsuit is brought against you.

Miscellaneous Coverage
Risk Factor

The fun that comes with having a trampoline in your backyard can also be accompanied by serious risks, which may not be covered under your standard homeowners insurance policy since coverage varies from state to state and between insurance companies.


You should make sure your homeowners insurance policy covers your trampoline, as many insurance providers refuse to take on trampoline liability and exclude the item from coverage.

Personal Injury / Defamation
Risk Factor

Young people are usually very active online. However, using social media and other sites can increase the possibility of them directly or indirectly damaging someone's reputation and exposing you, the parent, to a lawsuit.


Your homeowners insurance policy includes liability coverage for property damage caused by any member in the family, but likely does not cover rumors or statements that damage a reputation. You may need to seek additional coverage to include liability protection that covers personal injury or defamation.

Umbrella / Excess Liability Coverage
Risk Factor

You invite guests over for a pool party and one of your guests dives into the shallow end of the pool and is permanently injured. They hire a lawyer to represent them and after a long legal battle, you and your family are left financially responsible for their injuries. Do you have enough money in savings to cover your legal responsibilities as well as the legal defense costs?


An umbrella or excess liability policy increases your personal liability limits by adding protection over and above your current auto, boat, or homeowners policies-providing financial value and security. Excess liability insurance is available either by an endorsement to your homeowners policy or available as separate coverage.

Flood Coverage
Risk Factor

You do not have to live near a body of water to suffer loss due to flooding. With the changing weather patterns and more damaging storms occurring around the globe, flood losses are becoming more common in places that are not normally prone to flood damage. Your homeowners policy does not cover damage from flood. Could your home be at risk?


Purchase a flood insurance policy to protect your home and covered contents from certain types of flood losses as designated by the National Flood Insurance Program. A flood policy is purchased as a separate policy through the federal program (NFIP) or through a servicing carrier known as a write your own carrier.

Secondary Home
Risk Factor

Owning a secondary home has the potential of increasing your liability exposures.


Be certain that you extend the liability coverage under your homeowners policy to include your secondary home. You should also consider including the secondary home under an excess liability or umbrella policy to provide for additional liability limits.

Collector Cars
Risk Factor

Collector or classic vehicles often have significant value and require special documentation and unique insurance coverage to ensure they are adequately protected. Even if stored on your property, they are typically not covered under your homeowners insurance.


Insure your collector cars with a specialized insurance company that focuses on and understands the unique nature of collector or classic cars and other vehicles.

Wine Collection
Risk Factor

If you are a connoisseur of wine, you know that it is susceptible to outside environmental exposures that can ruin it. If the collection is damaged, coverage from your homeowners policy is a possible recourse. However, the damage is only insurable if it is a covered cause of loss as outlined in your homeowners policy. A deductible would also apply.


If you have a sizable wine collection, you may want to consider scheduling the collection on your homeowners policy. Doing so expands your coverage and eliminates the deductible in case of a loss. You can also consider unique coverages for wine, such as for spoilage.

Water Damage
Risk Factor

Whether entering from outside your home from a flood or from within your home’s plumbing system, water damage is the most common cause of loss to a home. Many policies exclude losses caused by backup of sewers and drains, and all unendorsed homeowner policies exclude damage caused by a flood.


Careful review is essential to protect your home and belongings from all sources of water damage. We recommend coverage solutions from insurance companies that include backup of sewers and drains. Also, identify cost efficient solutions to address the risk of flood damage in the first place.

Off-Premises Theft
Risk Factor

Surprisingly, standard auto insurance does not cover personal property or contents stolen from your car.


Most homeowners policies offer an option to include off-premises theft coverage as an endorsement, which covers you for theft of your personal property away from your residence.

Disasters Take Many Forms: Very few are predictable:

A disaster can happen without notice, and your loss will exceed your ability to recover if you don’t have a solid plan. In Nebraska, we have experienced major storm disasters. Lighting, windstorms, fire, and hail can create damage that can compromise your lifestyle and finances. A well-designed homeowners insurance policy can make a difference. For example, a flood inside your home will be covered differently than damage from the outside.

Could you pay the difference between what your insurance company will pay and the repair and replacement costs should a claim arise if disaster strikes?

Actual Cost Value (ACV) vs. Replacement Value (RV): The wrong decision can cost you thousands of dollars. An experienced agent who takes the time to learn your needs will explain the difference and show you how a little more on the cost of a policy can save you thousands on replacing your damaged possessions.

Most policies cover dwellings but not detached structures. Extended coverage is necessary to cover a detached structure.

Personal belongings are protected but only up to policy limits. Additional coverage protects expensive jewelry or art collections and high-end electronics.
Would you be protected if your home became uninhabitable? If there is a fire or flood, will it pay for a place to live temporarily or for an extended period of time?

Suppose someone falls or is hurt on your property. In that case, will liability insurance protect you from being personally responsible for their medical bills?
Different types of homes need specialized policies. A condo is different from single housing. A second home requires different coverage than one you may rent.

Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program.

Umbrella Policies:

You may be in a situation where you need a blanket policy to protect your business or a large estate.

A personal relationship with an agent is paramount to having comprehensive coverage.

Eric Luebbe provides the Blair community with homeowner and property insurance policies that are designed to fit your specific needs. Our team can structure a comprehensive policy that addresses your unique homeowner’s insurance requirements. In addition, our agents are continuously trained and apprised of industry trends and best practices, and as conditions change, we advise you on the best ways to protect your most significant investments and the contents within.

We offer plans to bundle home, auto, and business to save you even more.

For comprehensive coverage unique to your needs, speak to an agent who understands the area of Blair, NE—and you. Contact Eric Luebbe Insurance today and request a quote!

Find Your Coverage

We’re here to help you explore your coverage options.

Request Quote

Contact Eric Luebbe Insurance Agency

Our Fremont, NE Office

1152 E 16th Street
Fremont, NE 68025

 402-721-5454 phone
 402-809-5087 text
402-671-7719 fax

Let’s Get Started

  1. Step 1Fill out the form.
  2. Step 2Review your options with us.
  3. Step 3Get the coverage you need.

Blair, NE, Homeowner and Property Insurance Quote Request

"*" indicates required fields

Please do not include sensitive, private information in this area.
By submitting this form, I grant Eric Luebbe Insurance the ability to send relevant text messages to the phone number provided. Texting messaging rates apply. The frequency of text messages will be as needed. Reply STOP at any time to unsubscribe from text messages. For more information, view our Privacy Policy.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Don’t like forms? Contact us at 402-721-5454 or