Your Home Is Important, Make Sure It’s Protected
You have to ask yourself…
What would happen if a disaster struck your home tomorrow? Are you confident you’re properly covered for damages and total loss? Would you be required to pay out of pocket for some or all the repairs?
These questions are crucial to address because major insurance carriers hold on new clients after a disaster strikes. More importantly, when you’re facing a crisis, you’ll feel less pressure knowing:
- Your representative took the time to make sure you have the right personal property plan in place.
- Your local Fremont, NE homeowner and property insurance carrier has your back.
What is Home Insurance For?
Home insurance covers the hazards that most homeowners face. When a loss occurs, you will file a claim with your insurance carrier, and you are paid for the expenses, minus any outstanding deductible amounts.
Insurance also covers personal liability exposures, to protect you from many situations that could lead to lawsuits from others.
For instance, if someone slips and falls in your home or is injured somewhere on your property, you can be held responsible. Liability coverage is there to protect you and your Fremont, NE property.
You could also potentially need homeowner and property insurance to protect you from having to pay for:
- Storm damage, fire, windstorm, lightning, and hail
- Dog bite liability
- Manufactured home coverage
- Trampoline or swimming pool liability insurance
- Wind damage
- Flood damage
- Sewer or septic backups
- Replacement cost for personal property
- Umbrella liability insurance
When you see an independent insurance agent like us you have the chance to explore all your options for insurance, and protect the things that are most important to you.
Little-known facts about Homeowners Insurance
There are many things about insuring a home that most consumers aren’t aware of. We are here to make sure you avoid potential problem areas, including:
- Most policies will not cover sewer backup, unless you purchase a special endorsement
- Damages caused by surface water or water that flows below the surface of the ground aren’t usually covered
- A standard homeowners insurance policy in Fremont NE, and the rest of the states typically does not include Flood Insurance.
- A standard homeowners policy only covers jewelry, up to set limits if the loss resulted from one of the perils named on the policy
- Many policies default to actual cash value, which means if you purchased a widescreen TV and home theater system for $1,000, it may now only be worth $450, so that’s all you’ll receive on the claim. Just like the dwelling limit mentioned above, replacement cost insurance pays out the total replacement value of your possessions, not their market value, in the event of a claim.
- IMPORTANT: You can combine your Home and Auto policies (and others) for even more savings.
Who Needs to Insure Their Homes?
- Frame houses
- CBS homes (Concrete Block Structure)
- Manufactured homes
- Mobile homes on acreage
- Secondary homes
- Homes you rent to others
- Seasonal resident homes
Why We’re Different
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers vary when it comes to structuring a policy tailored to you.
After all, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your personal property plan policy.
Contact Eric Luebbe’s Fremont, NE office today, and we’ll help you protect what matters most. Whether you need homeowners or property insurance in Fremont, NE, we have got you covered!